Reading – Heb 11:1
_Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen_
– We all know that faith plays a significant role in our spiritual growth, but practically speaking it either occupies too much or too little of our understanding. If our conception of spiritual growth is nothing more than self-effort we will not experience life transformation.
– Faith gives us assurance. That even when we don’t see it, we believe still that when we pray, God hears and it’s settled for us.
– The devil knows if he can be able to change the way you believe, he can rule your life.
– Faith acts as a weapon. Strong Faith can block the missiles of satan fashioned against you.
WHY DO WE NEED FAITH
1. Requirement To Receive Salvation –
You can’t receive salvation without faith.
Rom 10:9 – “…that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved…”
– In this regard therefore, wee must never allow our faith to be interfered with.
2. Puts Us On The Same Platform With God – Faith invites a child of God to where He is – It gives us the God-ability.
John 14:12 – “…Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father…”
– Peter was determined to carry out his faith, besides Jesus, Peter was the only person known to have walked in water. He was determined to believe that God is able to do the impossible.
– Many of us Christian know God can do it. He has done it for others, but we are not ready to jump out of the boat.
– Peter actualized His Faith by stepping out of water.
3. A Requirement For Holy Living – If you want your life to have meaningful impact, you need Faith. So many things happen to us in this life that without faith can make us lose focus.
– We need faith to be able to stand when the foundations are shaken.
– Gal 2:20 – “…I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me..”
4. The Only Way To Please God – Without Faith, it’s is impossible to please God.
Heb 11:6 – “…But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him…”
5. A Foundation For Spiritual Walker – To walk steadily in our walk of salvation, we need to have faith as the basis of our walk.
Heb 6:1 – “…Therefore, leaving the discussion of the elementary principles of Christ, let us go on to perfection, not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God…”
6. Key To Access The Power Of God – To access the annointing of God,we need the power of God.
– Power of God fills us with the word to extend His Kingdom.
– You need the Power of God to be productive.
Rom 1:16 – “…For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek…”
7. We Receive The Holy Spirit – In order to receive the Holy Spirit of God, you need to have faith.
8. God Is A Faith God – God believed in His own words first, that at the mention His own words, things could be created. In fact, the entire universe was created by the faith of God.
– He’s a faithful God, even if we become faith-less, He still remains faithful to us.
– Jesus believed in His father’s word. He prayed and asked Him to do what He did.
9. Currency In The Spiritual Realm – Faith is the only standard exchange used for Divine exchanges. It gives you what you want in the spiritual realm.
– Rom 12:3-“…For I say, through the grace given to me, to everyone who is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think soberly, as God has dealt to each one a measure of faith…”
LEVELS OF FAITH
a) Little Faith – This is where you have faith yes but it’s little. It’s as a result of lack of information – Word of God. – Without the word, your faith will never grow.
– To move from little Faith, you need to hear more of God’s word
b) Small Faith – Brought about by lack of implementing the word of God. We need to not only read the word but move to the next stage of beginning to implement what we have read.
c) Great Faith – Great faith isn’t about how much biblical knowledge you have or how much scripture you can memorize and recite. It is simply knowing how good God is.
HOW CAN YOU MAKE YOUR FAITH GROW?
1. Hear God’s Word – Faith comes by hearing. Hearing the word of God.
Rom 10:17 – “…So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God…”
– Read the bible in-depth and work out your faith, let it grow so we may be blessed together.
– You need to come to appoint where you live by FAITH in Jesus name. Amen!
MAY GOD BLESS YOU!