Reading – 1John 1:3
“That which we have seen and heard we declare to you, that you also may have fellowship with us; and truly our fellowship is with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ”
– Meeting God is a common occurrence throughout the Bible and in human history. God has made Himself KNOWN to His people in the past and desires for us to know Him as well. BUT, there is KNOWING God and EXPERIENCING God.
– The Lord wants us to come from a place of just knowing Him to a place of experiencing Him.
– We believe God is there but not tangible. Our senses don’t feel God.
Lack of tangible God is affecting our faith – Joh 20:25 – The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the Lord. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe.
– It is not enough to believe that there is a God. You need to PREPARE to MEET your God.
– For you to meet God you need to REPENT your sins, OPEN your heart to Jesus and have a RELATIONSHIP with God.
There are those who have never experienced God. There those who don’t know God and there those who don’t have both.
– Disciples on the road to emmaus as written in Luke 24:31 eyes opened, and they knew him; and he vanished out of their sight.
– Meeting God starts with bearing His testimony. It all starts with knowing God, who is God?
God has a nature
a) He’s an Omnipotent God
b) He’s Omniscient God
c) He’s an Omnipresent God
d) He’s an Eternal God
God has attributes
a) He is Holy
b) He is Righteous
c) He is Loving
d) He is Wise
God is a person
a) God has a will – distribution of gifts 1 cor 12
b) Has a mind – Rom 8:27
c) Has emotions – Eph 4:31
God is real – Trinity
– Turn of the father
– Turn of the Son
– Turn of the Spirit
Joh 16:7 – Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
Joh 16:15-16 – All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you. A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see me, because I go to the Father.
– There is the Man of the SPIRIT and the Man of the SENSES. In between is the REALITY of your SOUL.
There is the Man of the SPIRIT and the Man of the SENSES. In between is the REALITY of your SOUL.
How creation of reality happens;
– The man of the senses receives from the environment and takes to the soul an experience in that becomes you reality that affect even the spirit
– The man of the spirit receives from the holy spirit through love and knowledge and presents to the soul a divine experience that become a reality that will affect the flesh.
– What your soul chooses will make either spirit man or sense man to prevail. When spirit man prevails, we experience God.
– God can be experienced through our senses;
a) God is heard – ear
b) God is seen and looked – eyes
c) God is handled/touched – hands
Act 2:1-4 – And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit
gave them utterance.
What happens when we experience God;
1. We get TRANSFORMED.
2. We get ETERNAL blessings in our lives.
3. We experience PEACE.
4. We have JOY.
5. We become RIGHTEOUSNESS.
6. He changes our NATURE.
7. We get DIVINE KNOWLEDGE.
8. We get DIVINE LOVE.
9. We walk in POWER of the SPIRIT.
– Job heard and seen God. Job 42:5 – “_I’ve heard you with my ears and now I’ve seen you with my eyes_”
– Get a hold of tangible God and have a living relationship with Him.
– It doesn’t matter the report they are giving you, just download the man of the Spirit in you, because when you meet God, He descends, fights for you and sorts all your problems.
– Like Job, may your eyes see God in Jesus name.