Kingdom Reality Ministries Sermon – 8th Sept 19
Title: WALKING IN THE PROPHETIC – (Start of a series)
~ A prophecy is a message inspired by God, a divine revelation. The Bible says that prophets “spoke from God as they were moved by holy spirit.” 2nd Peter 1:20, 21. So a prophet is one who receives God’s message and transmits it to others.
DIMENSIONS OF PROPHESY
1. Personal Prophesy
~ For the upbuilding and encouragement of an individual.
2. Prophesy for others
~ Ability to receive a divinely inspired message and deliver it to others.
1.Word of prophecy – Biblical
– Comprises the passages of the bible that supposedly reflect communications from God to individuals through prophets through what they do and what is done to them.
One is the story of Joseph who was loved by his father, hated, thrown in the pit, gotten out of pit, raised to place of authority, have a gentile.
Two is the Tabernacle – Pillars around the tabernacle covered with silver, capped at the bottom with brass. Wood is symbolic of flesh. Acacia has long life symbolic of eternal life. Jesus rose from the dead. Silver alway redemption, He is our redeemer. Brass speaks of suffering, meaning Saviour.
– Tabernacle gate, door and veil represent “am the way, the truth, and the life”
2.The Spirit of prophecy
– The atmosphere of the prophetic that people would come under and they begin to prophesy
-1 Sam 19:18-23 – People began prophesying when they came to the atmosphere. This always happens when someone is ministering
– You can say the right thing and not live the right life – (Saul)
NB: It is possible to be anointed to be practicing witchcraft – Balam, it is possible to be anointed and be called a devil – Judas
-Anointing on you(comes when you are used) and in you(always with you) – 1 John 2:27. You can loose the anointing in you and continue in the one on you.
3. Gift of prophecy
– Operation among the saints, limited to church.
1 Cor 14:3 – But the one who prophesies speaks to people for their strengthening, encouraging and comfort.
– Normally works only within the borders of the church. It is for edification(energize), exhort(stir), comfort(strengthen) – it is only for this context, any contradiction must be broken by speaking it.
– It needs memory, you need to remember what the prophecy is
– It has nothing to do with the future of an unbeliever, it is only for the redeemed and the plans of redeemed and kingdom. Outside the kingdom you will be doing witchcraft.
– Outside the the church and redemption, it turns to witchcraft and prediction.
4. Office of a prophet
– Deal with destiny of nations.
– God deals with nations as they deal with the Jewish people.
– Have power to go beyond the limit of gift of prophecy – they can speak life and death – (Elisha and Jeremiah)
WHAT TO DO WITH PROPHECY
– Revelation – Is when something that was hidden becomes known. For many religious people revelation comes from God and reveals something about God. You need to able describe your prophesy.
– Interpretation – You have to be very careful about when attempting to interpret. Prophetic statements sometimes apply to more than one fulfillment; dual applications do exist. But at the same time, it can be a lure, trapping us into a wrong interpretation because God never intended every prophecy to have dual meaning.
– Meaning – You need to be aware of the meanings of the revelations and their interpretations.
* God wants us to treat the bible as a prophetic tool.
* The gift of prophecy is something that has to be cultivated deliberately and intentionally if we want to see it at work in our lives.
– This gift is not something reserved for an elite or super-spiritual few; it is available to every believer who will pay attention to the nudges of the Holy Spirit around them.
*Begin to pay attention and to step out in Faith as He shows you things